3/6/14

Mimi, Age 7

414

Mimi turned 7 this month. 

This is what 7 year old Mimi is into.

1. Drumming.  We inherited my late brother’s drums and Mimi has picked up some pink sticks.  She’s been taking lessons for a few months and I love hearing her banging away playing the same beats my brother played while I was growing up.

 

2. Going on girl dates with me.  Shopping, eating, anything as long as it’s just me and Mimi.

 

364

3.  Taking pictures.

348187

I find tons of creepy selfies on my phone every time Mimi borrows it.

4. Friends.  Mimi has a ton of friends at school.  I keep checking with the teacher to make sure she never leaves anyone out.  That’s very important to me – that she is inclusionary.   Mimi was happy to invite every single girl in her first grade class to her birthday party.  More friends means more presents!  Mimi loves the Frozen dolls Paige sent her and all the Monster High dolls.  I love those too.

281

(don’t judge me for the store bought cupcakes.  I was very barfy.)

 

5.  Sushi.  Houdini showed up on Mimi’s birthday and all 6 of us went out to have sushi. 

291

 

Some times when I’m doing Mimi’s laundry I am astounded at how long her leggings have become.  She’s getting so tall.  I’ve decided to stop feeding her.  Why must they grow? 

2 comments:

Cicily said...

I love that she's playing your brother's drums! I too have warned the boys that I will stop feeding them if they continue to grow.

Rebekah Cummings said...

I was so hoping for a montage of Mimi outfits in this post. No question where she gets her amazing sense of style!