3/1/14

Funny How Life Works Sometimes

008

Today Hush

- drove Mimi to ballet. 

- showed up dragging in a brand new matching crib and changing table in the dark wood I like, because he noticed a good deal when he was picking up baseballs for the boys.

- started digging up the garden so we can replant

- moved and set up the hot tub and got an electrician arranged

- got us Mexican food

- played soccer with the kids

- nap guarded me while I took a two hour nap

- practiced the guitar so he can accompany a friend of mine who is a lovely singer while I read my book

and is currently tossing baseballs to Jude and Silas in the post-rain cold while the sky turns to twilight.

 

Sometimes when you’re going through hard times you think, ok, this is my life.  It’s hard.  I have to do everything.  Thems the breaks.  I can deal and still be mostly happy.

And then you are blessed beyond even your hopes and imaginings.

Funny how that happens sometimes.

image

 

Note: This is happening to me.  It could happen to you, other women going through horrible times.

Caveat: Hush is great but he also has his own massive character flaws.  I can’t think of any right now, but I’m pretty sure they’re in there dormant. 

PS:   Hush, I do not care if the whole world knows you’re great.  You can deal with it.  You married me, you knew I blog about things.

Sidenote: I’m aware this post is braggy, but you suffered through the epic disasters in my life so you can suffer through my grateful rejoicing.  Life must be recorded.

10 comments:

Doyoureadme said...

:) You deserve it all.

Mel said...

You definitely get to brag! I'm very happy for you.

michelle said...

It doesn't sound braggy at all, it sounds wonderful! So happy you are in this good place!

Unknown said...

I love that you guys are so happy, I knew my brother was wonderful but I love hearing it from you too. Plus I didn't know you guys had a hot tub but I may definitely be visiting more.

Circe said...

I love it, and I agree, life should be recorded. All of it!

Rebekah Cummings said...

You got a keeper, Lenore. I have no doubt you would have been strong enough to go at it alone, but I am happy your kids get to see what a dad looks like in full force. Also, that you get that "love of my life" euphoria. That's the good stuff.

Lauren in GA said...

Love the rejoicings so much :)

Nurse Graham said...

I only know you through your blogging, but I am so happy that you are finding much to rejoice about. I don't think it sounds braggy at all.

Camille said...

Yay for awesome husbands! I like braggy husband posts. People talk enough crap about their spouses. I like to read about love.

Miss Mary said...

So happy for you! Love how life can change so much for the better in a short time.