3/12/14

The February that Never Ended

Ever had one of those months that just seem to go on forever?  How come that happens in February for me, the shortest month?

December-Valentine’s Day is a rush and then February slows to a screeching halt. 

We have a lot of winter events:  Christmas, then Si’s birthday, then NYE, then three of my sibling’s birthdays and then my own birthday.  A week after that is Mimi’s birthday and then Valentine’s Day.  And then nothing but work and school and the daily grind.

It seems like all I do is work and barf and sleep, but apparently we’ve had a LOT more fun than I realized.

046

All of the sudden Mimi can read!  We’ve started writing back and forth to each other as a little writing project.

061070

Want to know what’s way better than stupid expensive Thanksgiving Point?  The free dino museum adjacent to BYU.  Also, meet Silas’ new weird smile.

081084

Discovered a magical way to make a tie-dye cake.  We haven’t found a way to make it taste delicious.

142147

My tiny baby sister Camille came to visit.  She flew all the way to Utah to model for her wedding dress maker.  Right is how she really looks, left is how she doesn’t really look. 

223

Mimi takes a million freaky selfies.

158

Hush and I are planning a babymoon (he will hate that term and I will cackle and say it more) in June.  Is there anything better than looking at an entire map of the world and picking places somewhat randomly?  Dying of excitement.

239

This is my newest prized possession for my birthday from Camille.  And the boots from Pam.  I came home from work to a cake hidden in a room full of streamers and then we went out to dinner with some fabulous friends that I’ve inherited.

 244

Ran across this on Buzzfeed and it made me feel good.  It makes me want to go back to school an get a PhD.  But that would take effort.

269

Mimi’s 7th birthday party!  We had a lovely spa party.  We started with pedicures and then did face masks, hair styling, makeup and general fabulousness.  It was Fancy Nancy inspired.  7 year olds are the best.

285

Mimi and her buddy Violet.  I put hair extensions in all of those little girl’s hair.

329

Hush and I got this mail from JudeJude.  People ask me all the time how the kids are adjusting to having a dad at home every night of the week.  They refer to Hush to his face by his name, but to everybody else they say “That’s my dad.”  This makes him very uncomfortable and it makes me laugh.  I like to laugh at his discomfort when it’s adorable.  Houdini is Dada and Hush is their everyday dad.

339

Jess took some pictures of my kids for their every six month group picture.  Jude and Silas are the same size, still.  It drives Jude nuts.

374

This was our last snow.  It was huge rad flakes like a winter wonderland.  Hey everybody I made it through the Utah winter!   And I liked it!

404

This was my reward for making it through the winter: skiing with our lovely neighbors and Jimbo.  It turns out I don’t hate skiing as much as I thought I did.  And I didn’t fall down which is good because that would have hurt my baby. 

Oh!  You gotta check out Rebekah’s blog.  She’s smart and funny and new at blogging so she needs lots of blog love.  Go check her out!

My Sugar House Life

image

Funny story about how we met.  The kids and I were walking around the neighborhood and heard children and splashing.  We went to investigate and first I saw California license plates, then I saw a pretty woman about my age sitting on the lawn reading a real live book wearing a UCLA t-shirt.  The kids saw her son Aidan and their hot tub.  Rebekah is a recent MA grad from UCLA – and she’s a librarian!  She has a nice attorney (second, much improved) husband.  It was meant to be.  Divine providence across the street from us in Sugar House.  She started a book club and the rest is the beginning of our history.

4 comments:

E B said...

I love the dinosaur museum at BYU! Though I liked it even better when they had more crystals displayed in it.

michelle said...

Such a fun, happy post!

Jennie said...

Don't judge me for the cupcakes - love it! You guys have been busy. I love seeing how your family is adapting and loving life. I'm sure not every day is peachy, but you guys are having fun living the dream. :) So happy you survived winter and have friends close by. Friends always make life more fun.

Rebekah Cummings said...

Here is proof to the power of your popularity; Nortorious.blogspot.com has been my main traffic source for the past two days. You are the Oprah of blogging. As always, love your posts!