2/9/14

January Blitz

I keep getting annoyed texts from my friends bugging me to update so that they have something to read on their phones when they’re bored or nursing or whatever. 

Sorry I have not recently accommodated but JEEZ, can’t I just be busy for a month?  Nags!

Let me tell you about my schedule.  This fall I was thrilled to land a job teaching at the local JC but now apparently I have to DO that job.  I like the theory of jobs much more than the practice. 

I originally signed on to take two classes, but a few days before the semester began my new boss asked me to take on another class.  Being that it’s at a different college, that means that I have to redesign my curriculum in accordance with their chosen texts and assignments.  And I had to learn the new operating system at the school and figure out how to accomplish basic chores like getting my stinkin’ classroom door open.

I leave at 1:30 on T/Th and stay until 7pm.  Got that?  I don’t even see Mimi after school nor am I there for dinner.  And on M/W it’s 4:30-7. Four nights a week during dinner I am gone.  And who does the burden fall on?  Hush!  He’s been working irregular hours this season and can therefore pick up the slack for the time being.  Remember last year when he was 32, single and not a care in the world?  Well guess what!  Now he get to do the hardest hours of parenting four days a week with three needy kids!  Surprise!

Here’s the worst part:  he’s better at it than I am.  I come home to well fed clean kids, a clean house (floors and counters included), and homework finished.  If I wasn’t so thrilled I would feel very competitive.  Evidentially you can get a lot more done when you don’t take a nap. 

142

Where I prefer to be.  PS, I made that quilt out of our wedding linens because I am a provident housewife.

Thank goodness I love my job.  I like professing things.  I profess that my students should never use 2 in place of to and other very necessary professy type things.  Well, I love it within reason.  I’d love it a little bit more if there was just a little bit less of it.  But it’s been a good adventure for our family and both Hush and I have developed eternal sympathy for the difficulties inherent working inside and outside the home.  Thank goodness he loves the children.  So what if he’s teaching them to play cards and gamble a little?  Just a perk of having Hush for a dad.

053

In December a couple of photographer friends of mine were doing color projects and used me as a subject.  I like how lots of the shots turned out and have been thus far a bit reserved in sharing them with the world.  But when somebody takes damn good pictures of me I’m just going to get over my vanity phobia and share them.  It feels like posting selfies which is a activity best understood by the generation behind mine.

OK.  Pictures.

For reference: what I really look like/act like.  This is an outtake of a family kitty video.  Go see it on Instagram (@nortorious)

409

 

And these are with the magic of professionals trying to make me look like a “normal” human being.

Studio pics by Jessica Peterson

Home pics by Amanda Cooney 

_I7A1276_I7A1319_I7A1760_1_I7A1442_I7A1878_I7A1883

 

LENORE  004LENORE  034LENORE  041LENORE  046LENORE  071

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Love all the pics. They are beautiful. Thanks for choosing to share them. I'm glad the job is going well. I'm sure your students love your class, your light, and your enthusiasm.

Leslie M said...

I like the dark eyes. What does the tattoo say?

Circe said...

Great pictures, every one of them! I love the story they tell. Kudos to you in your teaching gigs. I wish I could sit in on a class and see if those students know how lucky they are to be in your class!

Lauren in GA said...

You are gorgeous.

I know what you mean...sometimes I cry because Mike does such a better job than I do at dinner/homework/clean up/baths/bedtime routine, etc.

I think it is so fantastic that you are a professor...

michelle said...

Gorgeous pictures! So glad you shared them! It makes me so happy to hear your happiness!

ang :o) said...

I adore these, especially the one with you on the sofa with your arms crossed with your painting of hope behind you. Such beauty!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

The last one. THAT pic is glorious.