7/5/07

Comment on Comments

More important than the blog are the comments. We who blog know how often people visit our blogs, so when they read and don't leave comments we feel as though they're spying. It hurts our blogging feelings. Here are some thoughts on comments:
  • Maybe you don't know how to leave a comment.
Here's how:
You can access the comment department of a blog by clicking the blue link that says comments, usually right below all the pictures at the bottom of the day's blog. Click that link and then the comment page will come up. Type your comment in the box, then type the little crazy code which prevents computer generated repeating (I think), then type in your e-mail address and password. You can use your yahoo address or any other, as far as I know.
  • Those who blog comment on other people's blogs. It's blogging decorum.
  • It's hard to leave a clever comment on all blogs. Developing a clever comment can take a long time. This can make blogging take hours, which is fine if it prevents you from shopping. You do not have to be clever to comment. We'll take anything.
  • You are welcome to comment on other people's comments and not directly on the blog. That creates a dialogue. Ellie, for example, does not have a blog, so she makes her comments extra funny and makes sure to comment on all of the posts.
  • Celia will threaten you if you do not comment on her blog in a timely manner.
  • If you comment on one person's blog and not another's, feelings will be hurt.
  • The majority of bloggers update daily. Please feel free to check daily, as it makes bloggers feel like they are important.

Those are my feelings on comments. Bloggers live for comments. If you enjoy reading our blogs, please join the club. Your life might seem boring to you, but I find your visits to Wetzel's Pretzels and pictures of your baby a necessary part of my day.

Alex, please start a blog. Ellie is excused from blogging, provided she continues to contribute excellent comments. Lindsay should start a blog, because I'm curious about what she does. Ashley, start a blog. Niya, start a blog.

Thank you, good evening.

4 comments:

Paige said...

People do not understand the importance of comments unless they have a blog and seek continual self-assurance. So that leaves us to get statcounter and stalk those who check our blogs and don't leave comments. If you are in Italy and reading this you are super mysterious and have us fooled.

Ellie said...

Oh great. Now the pressure is on to be funny. Also, I don't have a blog because we decided that I am more interesting if I continue to bottle up all emotion and filter it thru fits of all night cleaning. Who needs 25 years of garage crap cleaned out? Raise your hand.

Celia Fae said...

ME! I do! Way to give all of our secrets away, girls.

Anonymous said...

Hi Girls,
Thanks for helping me understand the importance of commenting Nor. I get it now. Trouble is, I feel like I am talking to myself. Because of my odd lack of computer skills which I have really no excuse for...I worked for a web designer for crying out loud...anyway...b/c I don't know how to blog, I'm never sure if my comments are posting either. Then I feel like I'm talking to myself online. Which is not unlike my real life, and therefore even more frightening. I am also getting all this junk mail in my inbox now. Is this b/c they find you if you post anything online? Little buggers...