7/4/07

Free to do what I want




It's Independence Day, which means we are free to spend our time any way we want. Our family is all gone or have made other plans with friends, but we can't plan more than a few days in advance and therefore we have no plans today and are just hanging out.


What do Cravens do with their spare time?


1) Go to Movies.



Dax joined the other 30 year old Asian guys to see the first showing of the Transformers movie. I certainly hope it was more than meets the eye, because it looks really stupid. Today he told me all about how it concerned him that Decepticon does not have a scope when he transforms into a gun.



2) Sleep.



We slept til noon. Mimi is definitely one of us.



3) Get some breakfast.



Pancakes at noon. Delish.



4) Test drive cars.



The fact that it was 100 degrees can't keep us away from car lots.



5) Eat sushi.


I got Dax a barbeque for Father's Day. If you're not going to use it on the Fourth, are you ever going to barbeque?




6) Watch fireworks.


We went to SF to meet our friend Niya and watch Fireworks from a hill in the Presidio. They were far away. The best fireworks I've ever seen were from Dad's office in Pleasant Hill where you got to be part of the firework. London's on New Year's wasn't bad either.




Thanks to the soldiers and heros who we honor today -- you have made us free to sleep til noon, watch lame movies and test drive over priced cars. God bless the USA.



That's my Goldie Hawn smile. Fireworks and SF in background. We tried to make it a sing-a-long, but all we got was "play ball" at the end of singing The Star Spangled Banner at the top of our lungs.



Niya is not wearing a piece, of course she has fabulous real hair.


5 comments:

Objection! said...

Just for the record, Nor left out the part where she, as she was leaving the crowded theatre, screamed the Transformer's song

"Transformers, more than meets the eye, Transformers, robots in disguise."

Celia Fae said...

What were they were thinking when they made that movie pg-13? Do the transformers hump or something? I've got a six-year-old dying to see it. Love the Goldie smile.

Ellie said...

How did we get so very shy? Everyone at the mini-fireworks show we went to was amazed at my lovely singing voice as well. They were esp. delighted when I serenaded them with 4 verses of "America the Beautiful." I almost had them convinced that there were long forgotten hand motions that go to the song. That's what I call patriotism.

Paige said...

Mostly we are free to blow our fingers off like Christian. Now that was hot. Why is ellie excused? Because if she wrote one then I would have nothing left to say? Ellie, sorry I missed the hand motions. I hope there was lots of naked booty shakin' to go with it.

My 7 year old is seeing Transformers right now with his ultra liberal father, despite my forbidding. Now see if Henry gives you a hard time.

Anonymous said...

Although we Nevadans live in the largest cultural void in the nation, we too are not without the Transformers movie. All the 30 yr. old guys I know want to see it. Go figure.... Anyway, Nor? Where do I go to start a blog? How did you do this one? And did I mention that it is 116 degrees here? Just call me the big, hot sweaty pregnant blob. Also, my baby still doesn't have a name. I am starting to worry. Tried to sell Pat on Dean, he wouldn't bite. Any more ideas are more than welcome.