5/10/15

May Round Up

In early May in the year of our Lord 2015 these happenings happened.
Jude did his Kindergarten music and dance show.  His favorite song was Never Smile at a Crocodile. I can't remember which song warranted the frog head piece.
BL, nearly 8 months, had her tummy zerbeted.
Silas went on a field trip with his Pre-K and I attended. Natural History museum.

Si wore Jude's Komodo Dragon mask and terrified yours neighborhood.
I was finally awarded my unicorn horn.
Worked on my dreadlocks, week two. Yes I wash them.  They're all my own hair. 
Mr McHandsome hung out at Jude's most spectacular soccer game.  Here's a text write up by grandpa Jim: 

Report from Jude's soccer game: MVP 

The opposing team scored an opening goal. That was a mistake. They awoke the sleeping monster: JUDE  He got a look of determination on his face and promptly scored two goals. There was no stopping him. 

Next, standing a few feet from his goal an opponent kicked the ball that became lodged between Jude's legs. Rather than dropping the ball Jude hopped over to the front of the other teams goal and then dropped it so he would have a good shot. But he was only getting started.

A player from the opposing team got a hold of one and kicked the ball so hard into Jude's head that it snapped his head back. The field and spectators went silent: you could hear them thinking is this kid seriously hurt? The ref walk over to Jude who had jumped to his feet. Jude sees that everyone is stunned besides him. In the confusion he runs to the ball and sends it half way down the field everyone else looking on with their mouths open. The kid is tough and smart. College scholarship and pro soccer get ready for Jude the Terrible. 
LouLou had lift off. She's already crawling, pulling up on everything, cruising and now she's trying to stand by herself. Slow down, kid. You're barely 8 months.
With busy hands I try to dictate into my phone. Apparently I am asking Siri to act against her moral code.
Mimi has inherited her grandpa's love of contracts.  Favorite parts: be supportive! Don't sit around doing nothing!  
Mimi's hair is thick and lovely but hard to style because she runs away every time I try to brush it.  Her hair also prevents her from being first place in our morning getting ready contest.  This is our temporary solution and I think she looks absolutely fabulous! Next she's going to get big gold hoop earrings.
I just love this kid. Her outfits have always been fantastic. She was born with style.

There were some tears.
Hush has started our family on nightly meditation through an instructional app called Calm.  Every day the kids get better at the ten minutes of stillness.  The first night was a chore but every night since then they beg to do it. It's been good for our family.
We're getting pretty tired of waking up for school. LouLou helps them wake up by crawling over their faces and then they all pile in one bed to snuggle.
Just baby Lou being beautiful.
I've started exercising and I hate it. How could anyone ever enjoy exercise?  This pic for Christine and Rebekah who couldn't picture me in workout clothes.
Surly Silas' Mother's Day picture.  I love my mom because "Her give me food." He just cannot lock down the she/her pronoun and it has become a trademark.
Mimi had her school singing performance.  Her line was "I can save the planet by avoiding fast food wrapping". I cannot agree to that.

Working on a new project. Inspired by Van Gogh's Starry Night and Irises. Oh, and Gaudi, mosaic master. 
And starting another new project that required me going to city hall. Utah has no grocery delivery service. I'm going to try to start one.  I'm a big ideas small results type of person so we shall see how far this new activity goes.

All my kids want to do is play play play.  Right now they're doing a lot of swords and guns in the backyard.  They get mad when we have to load in the car and go places.  We are ready for regularly scheduled programming to end. School wake up is at 7:50. Tuesdays Mimi and Jude have piano and Jude has soccer practice. Wednesday is Mimi's activity days with primary.  Thursday Mimi has dance class which ends soon with a recital. Friday Mimi has drums and Jude has guitar. Saturdays Jude has soccer.  Silas has pre-k four days a week and has to be toted along on all of our activities, as does BL.  Every activity is wonderful and necessary and most just require walking rather than driving, but we long for the summer days of having nothing planned.
Untill, of course, they all start driving me nuts and I can't wait for school to start again!

5 comments:

Circe said...

Love the Gaudi Gogh. Love all of May!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I am SO ready to not have to be anywhere. Summer brings out the love/hate in me.

Rebekah Cummings said...

I love your mosaic!! All these pictures of BL are absolutely killing me as well; she gets more beautiful every day. So glad you are still blogging even though it is for a more restricted group of people. Bring on summer!

Tina said...

Literally lol'd to tears with Silas' flower picture;mostly because he loves you because you feed him. My preschooler is having the same her/she problem. I thought it was because she is bilingual, but maybe not.

OnCallMom said...

That Betty Lou is gorgeous!