3/19/15

Mimi's Baptism

My dear darling Mimi was baptized in February.  She had the most beautiful day and we appreciate everybody who came to support her!
Photos by Jessica Peterson.

Jude handing out programs.

Kids singing.

Menfolk confirming her a member of the church. Hush, Calvin, Jake Brom who happened to be in town, Nathan, Jim, I can't see who else.  Mimi thoughtfully went around to all of the grown men in the congregation and asked them to be in the circle if they were available.  Houdini also showed up but I didn't get a picture of them together. Actually I was waiting for the pictures from the primary to publish this post but I haven't seen them yet.  The primary did an excellent job putting the whole thing together.

8 and CTR cookies
Me and Nate on my baptism day.
Mimi and Jude on hers.
Anna gave the most wonderful talk on Baptism that involved smashing a plate with a hammer and magically making it whole. Jessica spoke on the Holy Ghost and did an excellent job.  I'm grateful to have adopted Utah family who support us!


Then we went skiing! Robert, Rebekah and Jim and I went.
First day skiing with my girl. Turns out skiing IS fun when you do it with your kid.

Don't let the teddy bear hat fool you, Robert and Rebekah are hardcore.

This is how I was feeling that week having a kid get baptized. It was an intense week. Lots of feelings. 

No comments: