7/17/14

Dear Life, I demand you take these lemons back!

This is what our basement looks like now:
This is just the beginning stages. The rest of the drywall is coming out too, in all the rooms.  Right now all of our furniture is crammed in the kids' rooms.  We can't access it even to pack downstairs.
We were out of town for three weeks and then in hotels for about two weeks. Right now we are staying at a ward friend's house for a few days.
The official word on our house is that we have to move out permanently. It won't be fixed for months.  I was hope hope hoping they could get stuff figured out and we could move back in and go on with our lives, but nope. God doesn't like that plan.

Every time I go near that house I cry and cry. It was the first house in my life as a parent where we had a complete happy family.  It's ripping my heart out having to pack up all those memories because the carpet was ripped out from under us.  The kids are being troopers, but it really is tragic as far as I can see right now.

So we are hunting for a house. We have to move south. That palatial blue house is near where we're looking, but every iron we put in the fire is coming out cold.  It's very frustrating and stressful.  Every day is like "Yay! Our house problem is nearly solved" and then "Just kidding, back to square one."  Every day is one day closer to a baby coming and every day we don't have a contract signed is another day of stress. 

And then there's the pregnancy.  I'm 32 weeks.  Oh, and it's 100 degrees here so tack that on to "things that will make a pregnant woman want to lay down and die".
Seriously, can I just have ONE normal year? One pregnancy without major life upheavals?  I am an ace at trials, but frankly this one is putting me over the edge of misery.  Yes, I have a thousand blessings but I am 8 months pregnant in 100 degree heat with three hot, tired children, and no foreseeable home in sight. Give me a freaking break. Enough is enough. I have done my super hard trials year after year and had a good attitude.  This is just uncalled for.
Even my body agrees: last night I was laid out with straight up hurty contractions every five minutes for three hours. I nearly went to the hospital but I was just so frustrated that I passed out.


7 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh Dang It! I'm so sorry. I feel ya. I had Jackson in Aug and thought I was going to die with the heat. Hopefully we'll get a break in these warm days soon. You are welcome to come up for a swim day at our pool. Love the blue house look. Daybreak? I hope you find something soon. Hang in there. This too shall pass, right? :)

Circe said...

First of all, love the lemon poster. And I agree. You have had your share of crap. It's time for some serious karmic payback in the form of a beautiful new house, an easy delivery and a perfect baby. And maybe a break in the weather! You're exhausted, and rightly so, but the house hunt will come to fruition, and it will be sweeter than lemonade and ten times as refreshing.

Lauren in GA said...

You are right. This is uncalled for. I'm so sorry.

Mikale said...

I have been following your blog for awhile--I discovered it through a friend that used to live by me. I am so sorry about your house and situation. I went to Westminster College and love that area. If you are looking for a home at the south end of the valley, I live in South Jordan just outside of Daybreak and have a beautiful home for sale for a great price. It is in a wonderful, family friendly HOA neighborhood. If you are interested in finding out more details, let me know.

Mikale said...

http://www.ksl.com/homes/listing-v1/30753099. Here is a link to my house for sale.

One Fish said...

We love Draper and find that our neighbors are pretty diverse. We lived in American Fork previously for four years and I really loved it much more than I expected. I had spent five years in Utah County before moving to AF and I LOVED that AF wasn't like Provo and Orem. You are going to miss the Salt Lake district school system. There are a lot of things about that district that I covet.

Lindsey said...

My cousin is needing to sell this house in Lehi. Great location. She says her neighbors are awesome! Maybe it could be a blessing for both of you? http://www.ksl.com/homes/listing-v1/30073204