12/20/13

Late Halloween and Fall Post

Fall felt like this:

IMG_5652

Rather than words to describe our first two months together we have videos and music.  We have projects.  We have events.  We have peaceful hearts and happy children.  Here’s a month late picture of our first two months.

Music:

IMG_5474

We are borrowing Nate’s drums until one of the other sisters demands we bring them back.  Turns out Hush can also play the drums.

Mimi has started lessons.  She’s surprisingly good already!  I’m also taking guitar lessons.  I’m terrible.  Jude’s started guitar too, though it is probably a bit early for that because of the tantrums involved.

Events:

IMG_5615

Remember that day all my dreams came true?  No, not my wedding nor my three children’s births.  That day my whole family NAILED our Oz costumes.  I nearly cried with joy when Mimi, without prompting nor coercion, asked to be Dorothy for Halloween.  The little boys were on board with Tinman and Scarecrow.  And if she is Dorothy, that meant I got to be Glinda! 

IMG_5822

Look closely at the skirt, do you recognize it?  Much better use of that fabulousness, no? 

IMG_5624IMG_5511

It must be noted that also without coercion Hush jumped right into the fantastic Cowardly Lion costume my mother made.  How incredible is it that I found a man who knows the value of a fabulous if slightly embarrassing costume?  He rocked that Lion.  It was full commitment, without protest.  A man has to be very secure with himself to be the ONLY man in costume at the Ward Trunk or Treat.  It was a dream come true.

Projects:

IMG_5683

Hush and I have been developing a land art project.  We came up with some ideas and out came the pen and pad to work out possible designs.  This required some research at the junk yard.

IMG_5682

We are getting closer to a finalized plan.  Right now we’re working on a labyrinth. 

IMG_5859024035041

Fall is also costume time.  When isn’t costume time at my house?

054

 

IMG_5825IMG_5827022IMG_5828

And of course the daily wrestling sessions.

IMG_5844

 

Ok, I think that covers most of the fall things.  Record updated.

 

IMG_5452

3 comments:

Jennie said...

All of these pics just make me smile for you. I'm glad that life is so grand. Oh, and yes. That is a much better purpose for that skirt. ;) Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Lauren in GA said...

Why, yes...I do recognize the skirt. Reduce, re-use, recycle ;)

Did both you and Hush injure your fingers (last picture)?

Lovely that your little family is doing so great. :)

Camille said...

My eyes!