7/14/13

Are you in town?

Short answer: no.  I was briefly.

032260

No ocean in Utah, also very few Sharknados.

We came back to Dville for a couple of weeks so that I could work at the best job ever.  I teach arts and crafts classes at a summer camp called Devil Mountain. 

 614

Driving out in 1,000,000 degree weather.  Must wrap up like ghosts in our blankies.  Made me think of this video: Paddling Ghost – Dan Deacon

 

001

Hush drove us out and then flew back to Utah because he wanted to get Sainted, I think.  He was rewarded by being taken to Rock City on Mt Diablo ON HIS BIRTHDAY with his best climbing friend.  At Rock City he was shown a bunch of rocks he couldn’t climb because we didn’t bring gear.  Sorry! Nature fail!

So we were there, but I was busy most of the day and it was too damn hot to do anything afterward.  AND I just left so I feel like a visit is too soon and I’m half on work, half on vacation.  I was hiding out and doing family stuff and recuperating from a very big life transition.  I feel super guilty and stealth laying low for these two weeks, but work and family was sucking up my time.  I didn’t want to march back into my ward and hit the barrage of questions: I thought you moved?!  Did something go wrong?  Are you going to law school?  What happened? 

035 

Auntie Camille, Auntie Camille’s new surfboard, and Jude

010

Pacifica Beach (Taco Bell Beach).  Waves were too hard to paddle out so not much surfing.  Just sand.

  026

I guess Jude Jude does deserve to relax a little bit.  He’s been my go-to man for exciting new challenges.

Everything is great in SLC, but I agreed to teach for a few weeks long before I decided to move.  I LOVE Devil Mountain Summer Camp.  It’s the second happiest place on earth (we all know Disneyland is first, duh.)

171 198

Jelly Fish craft and teaching the kids to play Chinese Jumprope. 

  219255

Teaching Air Guitar (Sweet Child o’ Mine) and a successful squirt bottle painting craft.  Also taught kids to play clapping games which has been a delight around my home.

 

067

Just looking fabulous at church with Grandma.

We enjoyed our few weeks in Danville.  I got to do a little surfing, play a little baseball, do a little rock climbing,  teach a little air guitar.   We did camp in the mornings and then swam in the afternoon because it was too hot to even approach my car.  We were paralyzed by the heat.  Many thanks to Pam and Jim for welcoming both my family AND our new kitten Juliet (Shakespeare names or nothing.)

051117

Now we’re back in SLC indefinitely and real life can start.  I’m anxious to get back and set up our schedule for the fall, whatever it proves to be.  And NO I have not firmly made a decision about law school.  But it sounds like it would make life SO HARD. 

2 comments:

Circe said...

What an amazing job! Wowzers. I wish I could hang out with you more and do some summer fun stuff. Alas, I am off on the big trip soon. Keep us fans posted about LS. To law or not to law. Yes, I just made "law" a verb.

Anonymous said...

Because you love Stamos, enjoy:

http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-07-20/jesse-and-the-rippers-performed-on-jimmy-fallon-then-uncle-jesse-kissed-aunt-becky/