4/11/13

Fashionista

Song:

 

Icona Pop: I DON’T CARE, I LOVE IT

“You're on a different road, I'm in the milky way
You want me down on earth, but I am up in space”

Scripture:  Link below.

Pictures and Story:

018

I am SO LUCKY to have a little girl who loves to be fabulous.  Mimi dresses herself and the concoctions she invents often blow my mind with their awesomeness.  I let her wear whatever she wants and she rarely disappoints. If you’re going to have a girl it’s a huge bonus that she’s the girliest of frilly pink skirt-wearing rockin’ girls.  Would I still love a tomboy?  I guess I never have to find out! 

002

Sequin pants with a tulle skirt and a homemade flower crown.

 148  

White fur coat and chucks.

176

Working orange into the rotation, topped with a bit of cheetah.

   048

Rock n’ roll matching leather jackets for the three minions.

 002

Little fur vest shrug goes with everything.

139 

Oh, and then there’s Easter.  Easter requires a full on gown.  We went to the fabric store where she picked out the pattern and the fabrics.  I made the bodice but then handed it over to the master seamstress Pam.  What, your kid doesn’t hunt for eggs in a ball gown?

 090

Mimi dressed me this day.  Fur vest inspired by Game of Thrones.  You have to be brave to wear a big hairy vest.  Mimi said I rocked it, but I have some doubt.

 

 

179

I love it most when we both happen to be dressed rad on the same day. Pictures ensue.

 

194

This picture perfectly represents mine and Mims’s relationship these days.  We are in sync.  On Saturday morning Mimi and I cuddled on the couch and listened to Elaine Dalton’s talk about mothers and daughters.  And I died of joy.

062

Having my little Mimi in my life is living giggling fashionista proof that God loves me.

6 comments:

Circe said...

First it was just about clothes, then you made me get teary! Maybe it wasn't ever just about clothes...

Unknown said...

I feel the same way. Although I have a little different style than you, I have my own funky mix of bright patterns and colors in my own wardrobe - and now I have a daughter who is extremely opinionated about what she wears and I love it. I make sure to stock her closet with items I love and then I let her mix away. Sewing her clothes helps a lot since I can t exactly whatshe wants in her drawers. I so get it!!

Sarah Gwilliam said...

Just came across your blog--as a native Bay Arean (also married in Oakland T!) and current Utahn I have to say I appreciate who you are and love the color you bring to the Faith :) There are so many of us who are different and don't exactly fit in--but we need more of us who will admit it out loud! I'm a busy middle-aged mom of five and I don't follow a lot of blogs but will definitely be reading yours for updates. If you make it here I will look for your pink hair and introduce myself :)

Camille said...

hard not to love the mimi. she has become an supremely awesome kid.

also my word to type in is pain bmi. i see a correlation.

Lauren in GA said...

She is so awesome. So, so, awesome.

Amanda said...

The picture of you and Mimi in front of the temple and flowers is gorgeous...and an image that will stay in my head. Now that I have a baby girl, I dream of having this kind of loving relationship with her. Nor, you were built for motherhood.