8/5/12

Mermaidia

Pretty much all girls love mermaids.  I am not sure what the fascination is, but I'm definitely down with mermaid culture. Perhaps it's the seashell bra, perhaps its the possibility of falling asleep in the tub and not drowning, whatever the interests mermaids hold it seems to be etched into the female psyche. Ariel is the best Disney Princess. Everybody knows that.

I like mermaids because of their flowyness and hair and the fact that they live in bikini tops.  They seem like graceful dancers, without legs.  I worry a bit that they might go bad and smell fishy. Yes, I have devoted a decent amount of time thinking about that.  The Peter Pan mermaids are the best because they're kind of bitchy, so are Ariel's sisters: Arista, Adela, Atina, Alana, Aquata. Perhaps there's something about being a sea princess that makes you a bit bratty.  

Here is a little story for you.  One time when I was living in Los Angeles we had an excellent, superb Gospel Doctrine teacher.  He occasionally held ward parties at his mansion near the Hollywood Hills. I attended one such event.
Whilst there I was treated to a memorable tour: The Mermaid Tour.  Around this chap's house there were, I'd estimate, 300+ mermaids of every variety.  Barbie mermaids, mermaid pictures and dolls, a mermaid coffee table made of glass, you identify the do-dad and he had it, in mermaid form.  His mirrored canopy bed was surrounded by his vast mermaid collection.  
I'd tell you this guy was weird, but he kind of wasn't.  He just had a mermaid collection and I'll admit I am still a little bit jealous of it.
We all collect things, I guess. For me it's bikinis and high heels, which I also display near my bed because I like to look at them.  I try to stop buying them but I just can't.  Would that I could find mermaid heels or bikinis.  Then my life would be complete.

1 comment:

Five Indulgences said...

have you seen the Mermaids: Body found "documentary"? So great. Gotta watch it. I think it was on descovery or animal planet or something like that. MUST see.