11/25/16

Holiday Halloween

Sometimes my ideas are good ideas. Sometimes my people get right on board.  This Halloween was one of those times.
It started with Jude wanting to be Uncle Sam because he saw some guy dressed in red, white and blue on stilts.  Then Silas wanted to be Santa Claus because he thought it would be hilarious. And so we had a theme.
 
The kid I was most surprised about was Mimi. I thought I'd have to talk her into some kind of beautiful glam Leprechaun or something but nope. She was dead set on being a Thanksgiving Turkey.  When your nine year old silly girl wants to be a turkey you help her make her dreams come true.
 
I let the costume choose the rest of us.  I found a 6-12 month bunny suit and the Easter Bunny materialized.  I found some green striped tights and hat so a Leprechaun worked for me. Lou will not wear anything on her head and is going through a naked phase so she became Cupid.  I love it when things pan out easily.
I love how committed Jude was to Uncle Sam. The giant hat really sold it. He plans to wear this costume for all pro America holidays for the rest of time.
Six year olds are the perfect audience for Santa Claus.  His class loved it. Silas kept all of the pieces of his costume together and had a great time wishing everybody a Merry Christmas.  
You go with what you have.  There were more pieces to her costume but she kept ripping them off. Thankfully Cupid is naked. And thankfully it was really warm that week.
 Babies are best dressed as animals. Philo's first Halloween costume was a sniffly Easter Bunny. Not a bad way to start out.
Of course I had to teach that day so I offered extra points on a quiz if they showed up in costume. 90% of them did!  I was NOT going to be the only one in head to toe costume.  We had the best time and their costumes were so creative.  This gilly suit was rad. 
Lou was able to trick or treat for the first time this year.  She was on board, 100%. I love that she's in the storage phase wherein everything that belongs to her must be carried everywhere in her little arms. This pic also shows her mastering the "Mine" posture.  
Group costumes have to make sense individually too.  I like costumes that you don't have to explain.  I think we nailed it this year!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Yes this was a good costume year for your family. Yay for Mimi the turkey. Remember when her fondest dream was to become a cheeseburger?