12/21/14

Christmas Prep

We are doing Christmas slightly differently this year: we're doing nothing. We have this new house and a new baby and we just need to settle and enjoy our own little family. While we miss our families, we are happily taking it easy and not letting stress into our holiday. 
The most conflict I feel about this is centered on Jesus. Baby Jesus, that is.  Loulou is going to miss her most coveted role as the baby Jesus in my family's nativity pageant.  When I discovered my pregnancy the first thought I had was "yay! A baby!" The second was "I have Jesus this year!"
This is how LouLou feels about missing the show.
But we have enough children to have our own pageant and we will facetime in Lou for the Jesus part. Maybe someone can put their phone in the manger, wrapped in swaddling clothes.

But we are still doing all the traditional holiday activities, including Gingerbread houses.
(thank you, school, for doing this so I don't have to have the big mess at my house!)
Visiting Temple Square
Hanging out with rad friends.  My sister wives and I took a million kids to a Christmas laser show at the Clark Planetarium and it was pretty epic.  Then the 17 of us hit IHOP because they stupidly allow children to eat free.  That's Rebekah and Fae, Christine and R's friend and ours Natalie not pictured. 
We've thankfully been spending a lot of time with the magical Jessica. Jess is the face behind all of the family pictures we have, including the ones of Loulou's birth. They have a special bond.
And Hush and I are finally back to our old post-kid-bedtime lifestyle -- goofing off and being weird. I hate my face in this pic but he says that it's our relationship in a microcosm.  I'm having fun and he is shocked at his reluctant participation.
And the Sunday before Christmas is always one of the best Sacrament meetings because it's all music and Christ: my favorite parts of church.
Christmas colors annoy me bc they clash with my hair.
And so I just wear all the colors. I've decided all reds and pinks match. Also, look at my new rug! 
But mostly, life is all about these two and their little love affair.  BL is 3 months, Hush is ageless. We are nearly ready for baby's first Christmas!


2 comments:

One Fish said...

It drives me insane when people try to tell me what colors my red head daughter is "allowed" to wear. She rocks pink on a regular basis. I vote that nothing clashes with red or pink hair. Wear it all!

Sarah said...

I like your blog. I like it a lot.