11/2/14

Bubs, age 7.

Oh the Mims.
She has shot straight up the ladder into primo position.  7 year old girls were meant to have little baby sisters.
Mimi is helpful, long suffering and patient, compassionate, and clever.
She can change a diaper on a screaming baby and make a bottle the perfect temperature.  She's fully in charge in the backseat and never panics when BL cries. 
I was fascinated by Mimi's flexibility with Halloween costumes.  At first she wanted to be the indian but when we couldn't find her size she was just as happy to be any other member of the Village People.  Originally she didn't want to do a group costume but then hopped right onboard when I showed her the video of the real dudes.  She was even willing to wear a recycled toddler police costume, just adding a tutu to make it a female police officer. With a mustache.
As Bettylou has gotten stronger and more durable Mimi has taken on more responsibility with her.  She loves feeling like the little mama, but she's realistic.  Tonight she said, "Mama, I'm not ready to have Bettylou in my room.  I'm tired and I don't want to get up all the time when she cries.  I want to read my book, I'm at a really interesting part."
Truer words, my girl.
Mimi is Johnny Cash's number one fan.  She started taking piano lessons a few weeks back and has been learning Cash songs exclusively.  The other day she and Hush had a jam session with her singing right at the correct rhythm to Hush's guitar playing.
Mimi is also back at her old school.  She feels like a celebrity and has transitioned really confidently, as per usual.
This girl is doing great, that is for sure.  So glad to have my little interesting sidekick.

No comments: