10/5/14

Assimilating BOB

Baby Betty is quickly becoming part of our lives. 
I have so many people. 16 limbs among them.
Jude and Silas are big helpers and are very interested in Betty's bodily functions.
We've been enjoying spending a lot of time with Kara's family.  This is a highly intense game of rock band.
Jude walks Si to school twice a week and begs to bring Bettylou along.
She's not quit regained her 7lbs 13oz and she doesn't poop, like, ever. We're working on it. She's a pretty good sleeper and would sleep for hours but I wake her up to eat every three-four.  I've been supplementing with formula because she gets impatient for the milk to let down.  Betty has angry fussing time every other evening for a few hours around ten.  It's frustrating.  But she also has a lot of quiet alert time and is starting to gaze at faces.  
There are few things I enjoy more than having people I love fawn over my baby.  I'm so glad Cicily lives nearby!
Hush's sister Kimberly has been around for the last few months.  She earned a lot of cuddle time with Bettylou by helping us every time I had to go into the stupid hospital.
My hair dye influence has taken hold with Hush's family. Four more unicorns to add to our pack!
Little scrawny looking chubby for a change.

Jude's special lady friend Finley and cousin.

Ashley beat all my sisters to hold baby girl.  Ash and Josh have been there for me for all four of my babies and I love them. 
Nathan and Betty at my impromptu tea party in Salt Lake.
Mimi and I got our hair done on a Saturday and I texted my girl friends (and Nathan) to meet us for tea. Nearly everybody came! It was very civilized and we wore our tutus.  My hair was incomplete though so I look a mess.
I'm so happy that Kara loves newborns as much as my own family does. I love how she demands time just holding and snuggling.
I feel good about my bow game. I'm on top of it.
Long skinny limbs just waiting to get fattened up.
Is her head growing or her hair thinning? Never can tell.
More dear friends at my tea party: Nathan, Rebekah and Jessica
Amy being instructed about the magic that is clotted cream.
Haylie, Meghan, Claire
Circe and her daughters (all of whom have baby fever) and Jo who makes amazing cookies and brought them to my hospital bed. 

Betty and I have a lot of people around who love her so missing my family is somewhat mitigated.  We've only been in Utah a year and I've met some of the most dear friends I could have hoped to find.  They're filling the role of sisters and family, but I'm still excited to show this baby to my own family.





3 comments:

Circe said...

I love all the pictures of Betty and her fans! She is so beautiful. And that's an awesome picture of me at the tea party. ;) Thanks for inviting us. You're right, all the Dopp girls adore babies. Araceli wants one of her own right this minute. So keep those pics coming so we can get our baby fix!

Laura said...

What a pretty baby! So happy for you and your family!

Unknown said...

This is such a Red Tent post. You have a baby and the women (and Nathan) come running!