7/29/14

Can't Won't Don't and other contractions too.

At the hospital 33 weeks pregnant trying to stop these silly contractions.  
After two weeks of nightly contractions that I refused to acknowledge as being anything more than Braxton Hicks, my doctor gave my tensing belly one poke and sent me off to the hospital to be monitored.
This on the tail of a maelstrom drive back from CA with Pam, barreling into our new home at midnight last night.
Once at the hospital things just rollercoastered.  Worse contractions then medicine to stop them that made them really hurty and made my heart race and teeth chatter, etc.
Did I mention I had all three kids with me, of course?  They were excellently behaved, Mimi especially.  Hush showed up after work and took kids for food an errands.  The nurses have to tell him everything they tell me bc he doesn't trust me to obey medical advice if I find it inconvenient.

The tests say there will be no baby tonight and that is good.  This kid needs to cook another month.
Hopefully I will be able to go home tonight and we will all find a place to sleep amongst the moving boxes that currently fill the home Hush found for us. Many many thanks to those of you who helped us move; and apologies for having an inadequately prepped home. We locked in the house on Friday and had to move the next day.  More about our new situation when I stop contracting.

4 comments:

Circe said...

Oh good, a house! And a still-cooking baby. Can't wait to hear more. Hope you're getting some rest!

Mama Coons said...

I'm praying for our little baby to stay put another month!

Lauren in GA said...

Nor,
I am just so sorry...for all of it. You are a warrior mama. Seriously. SO GRATEFUL that there was no baby yet...I walk around in fear that everyone I know that is expecting will have a preemie.

Sorry about the vomit detailed in your last post, too. Insult to injury.

LOVE YOU!

Jennie said...

Oh my gosh. The fun never stops. Can't wait to hear about the new place.