7/13/14

Après le deluge

We came back from CA to a flood in our basement. A flood of sewage.  It's a rental house and we have a good landlord, but the plumber guys needed the environmental disaster people, and they needed the asbestos people, and they needed some hazardous substance people and after over a week in hotels we have officially lost our house.
Silas' face says what I've been feeling all week.

Now would be an appropriate time to make "No room in the Inn" jokes or VonTrapps chased out of their home by poisonous substances.  But I'm really in no mood for jokes. We have a family of five, nearly six, and no home.
We did score a visit with my sister wife Mardee and her kids.  We are pregnant at the same time (with the first three kids) and then she got one ahead of me while I was unmarried.  Now we're both expecting again.  Friends from WC2 ward in CA.

The five of us are bouncing from hotel to hotel and looking for a short term living situation so that the kids can stay in their school and we have a place to put this baby.  We have to stay in Utah this week because of prior (paid for) commitments, but after that if we don't have a place to move into the kids and I will likely go back to CA and leave finding a house to Hush.  We are hoping to buy in the next six months so we really do not want to change the kid's school.
Kids being Honey Badgers at the Monte Bean Museum at BYU

The minions are being troopers!  They all pile in one bed at night at whatever hotel we happen to be in. We stayed in Provo for the first few days because we wanted to reduce Hush's commute time from American Fork.  I also bought pass of all passes so we have spent the week going to waterslides and doing fun activities.  It's a lot of close togetherness though and that is definitely wearing on all of us. 

That's today's update, live from some random hotel in Murray. 
Sometimes you just need a cool place with little chairs to sit and read for a bit like the dapper gentlemen you are.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh my! That is no fun at all. I will keep my ears open for options. With him working in AF, I guess a move this way is out of the question. Hang in there!

Celia Fae said...

That is horrible. I feel sorry for you. Your house was so cute and perfect except for the asbestos and flooding.

Lauren in GA said...

I am really and truly sorry. Your kids are awesome. Keep fighting the good fight Mama. Sorry you lost your darling little house. Did you loose any belongings to water damage? I will subscribe to your comments if it makes it easier to answer my nosy questions.

I really am sorry.