6/15/14

Our Main Man

Today was our best Father's Day yet because my kids finally have a real father.  
I let my kids lead the way with how to handle this holiday and they chose to celebrate the main man in their life.  To them Father's Day means Danny's Day.
Hush is the guy they look for in the audience when they sing "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home."  
Hush is the guy they make art projects for and they know the answers to the little interview questions about what their Father likes to do, what he always says, and how they know he loves them.
For the first Father's Day ever they have someone worth celebrating who has spent time with them and taught them things and just simply been there, day and night, showing them what normal can be.  
For the first Father's Day yet I didn't cry at their deprivation of what all the other kids seemed to have.  
They don't call him daddy (to his face) but if he looks like a dad and acts like a dad, he's gonna get honored like one. 
So thanks, bb, for being a better dad to my children than I ever could have hoped.  Thank you for receiving their affection and thank you for giving them a Norman Rockwell childhood.

1 comment: