6/26/14

How's that Baby Cooking?

So I think I'm about 7 months pregnant with this little baby number 4.  We are in Danville visiting my parents.  Pam is taking care of me and my kids, thus cutting my workload in half. Hush and I were supposed to be galavanting through Europe right now but we had to postpone our trip because I can't walk. Also he has something called a job that he can't ditch right now.  We all miss him terribly but he's coming out here soon.  In the meantime he is enjoying some much needed man time.
The children and I are playing and waiting for our new little sister.  I've never had a baby when my other children were old enough to understand vaguely what was happening and being pregnant with three children has been a totally different experience.
First of all, I travel in a cloud.  A fog of children.  Wherever I go, every way I turn, I nearly trip over somebody short.  So many little feet! So many arms!  With my expanding size I feel very claustrophobic most of the time.  It's good and bad because when we're out I know that if I can feel them touching me or if I stumble over them they are safe.  
My belly is a magnet for them and I love it.  I'm currently experiencing that amazing heaviness below my belly button and sometimes I hold it up with my hands when I'm having a hard time walking.  The children are attune to when I'm struggling and they often try to help carry the baby for me.  "I hold the baby mama.  I help you"  they say as they push up on my tummy. 
Silas has even taken the time to grow a sympathy belly.  I can see why they want to touch my tummy all the time -- I want to touch their chubby tummies too!

As far as symptoms, my favorite inflammation of the pelvis joint that had receded somewhat has returned with a vengeance.  Maybe it's in honor of the World Cup, my soccer player kicked crotch.  I have to lay down for every hour that I'm up, 1:1.  When I'm laying down this little wiggly baby likes to flip around, even laying transverse for a whole day.  That was uncomfortable.  Also I pretty much can't walk.  C'mon body.  You're better than this.

I had problems with Silas rolling the wrong way every day to the point where my md had to do a version (baby rolling at the doctor's office or hospital).  I'm usually able to roll them inside the womb and I can identify fairly well how they're laying by where they kick.  For the last few days this baby has been giving my intestines an internal massage, which means she's currently breech.  Being 29 weeks I should have enough time to flip her around, but of course I have all these umbilical cord phobias.  
Physically uncomfortable though I am, I have little Si who just cannot give the baby enough love.  He snuggles my tummy and lays on it and talks to the baby and kisses it.  The other kids love to touch me and kiss me, but Silas is particularly funny because when he talks to me he puts one hand on either side of my belly like he's holding my face in his hands.  Lots of kisses and pats.  He thinks it's his own personal pillow, which tight and firm as my belly has gotten can be awkward.  
Sneezing is a no. Rolling over, boo.  Moving quickly is a thing of the past.  I think I'll spend the next few months bobbing up and down in the pool.
Or maybe I'll just invest in this: 

No comments: