11/20/13

“Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.” Twyla Tharp

It’s getting rainy and cold here so I need plenty to keep me busy indoors because I am terrified of winter.  I’m never leaving my cozy house with my sweet husband and snuggly children until spring.

I picked up a hobby last year, thanks to a capable friend who was willing to teach.  I’m not that good at it but I enjoy doing it.

I’m currently working on family portraits for two families, but I’m wrapping them up and I need a new project to work on!  If you dig my style and have an empty wall, let me know and I’ll paint something for you.  My favorites are stylized abstract families, done in colors to match wherever you want to hang the painting.  The sizes are pretty giant (children pictured for size).  Of course most of them are sparkly and textured, which you can’t tell by the photos. 

Personalized art available if you want some.  Email me if you’re interested.  Norface5 at yahoo.

018062

‘Lifeline 1’  This one was for me and now hangs in our kitchen.

256

‘Lifeline 2’ for darling Anne.

061

This was a collaboration between an old friend and me, from a very dark phase.

473089

‘Immovable’ Wish you could see the black glitter.

223469

My family portrait.

688

‘Bury my Heart’  Darker period getting lighter at least.

037

 

049016

Paige’s family

196026

‘Eternal Scream’ for a friend (who BY THE WAY, did not know she was having a fourth child and that he would be a boy when I painted this.  I’m an oracle.)

 

252

Extreme close up sneak peak of another friend’s family portrait, nearly done!

 

Ok, so let me know.  Could be done by the holiday.  XO

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ship to Wisconsin?

Unknown said...

Ship to Wisconsin?

Circe said...

Me me me me me!!!!!!!

Camille said...

i need more wall.

Nicku B said...

Wow! These are incredible! Beautiful work.

ang :o) said...

Love! I have a tiny obsession with art. I have so much of it I rotate it out and have a room I keep them in when not in rotation :) I'd love something done by you!

ang :o) said...

I'm currently wanting something new for either my bedroom or my family room.