9/10/12

Q: What Can I Eat that Tastes Delicious and Won’t Make me Feel Chubby?

Want to know a little secret about me?  I know NOTHING about diet.  I don’t have any idea what a calorie is nor what the labels on food mean.  I am a food moron.  All I know is what my sisters tell me to eat.  I am under the impression that donuts are not good for you and that more than one dessert a night might make you fat, but beyond that I’m pretty much clueless.  But while clueless, I am not completely irresponsible.  When I go to the fridge at 10 every night (and 11, and 12) I know enough to not eat a whole box of Oreos dipped in milk, maybe only 6 would be good.  And maybe I should eat peanut butter not Nutella – wait I’m not sure about that.  I’m not a huge fan of fast food.  My fast food rule is “Never finish the burger/fries because you will regret it.”  This is probably the most I’ve thought about food, ever.  Food is fuel.  I like when it tastes good.  End of thought process.

At some point in my life someone told me I shouldn’t eat after 10pm.  So rather than stuff my face at night I eat these two things:

A1)  Fage yogurt with the cherry or blueberry goo attached.  I eat these every night when it’s 10 and I’m starving and all I want is cookies.  I pronounce it Fag, but rumor has it it’s pronounced Fay-ja. I prefer Fag, or Faggy.

image

A2)  Faux Cookie Dough.  Raw Cookie Dough Bites I ripped off from another website.

I live on these and pretend they are making me skinny and healthy.

Double the recipe, put them in 2 cupcake tins, leave them in freezer, eat them when you’re rushing out the door or want something to eat while you’re watching breaking bad. 

Raw cookie dough bites

Raw cookie dough bites

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup raw almonds
  • 2/3 cup raw walnuts
  • 2/3 cup raw oat flakes (see note below)
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips

Instructions

  1. In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
  2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
  3. Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.
  4. Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them in a cupcake pan and freeze.

3 comments:

Circe said...

I don't have a food processor. Can you just bring me some? 40 or 50? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ha!

I just started and I'm on episode 6 already.

--cat

Anonymous said...

I bought these ingredients tonight, but I'm too lazy to make them.

--cat